The year 1945 – creation of Chair of General Electrical Engineering within the Department of Communications, created by the so-called. Faculties of Applied Sciences University.
In 1953 This department was transformed into a Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, who in 1954 became one of the departments of the Council of Ministers appointed by resolution of the Cracow University. Then it changed its name to the Department of Electrical Engineering Department. In 1968, at the Department of Industrial Equipment Automation Department was also created.
Oct. 1 1974 year within the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics (IEiE), which started its business based on two Betting: Industrial Electrical Engineering and Industrial Automation.